Our People / Kinji Kaiho
Non- Executive Director AP Property Fund Management
Chief Executive Officer Agility Asset Management
Bachelor of Economics, University of Tokyo, Japan
Kaiho has over 35 years of industry experience in investment banking, advisory, asset management of real estate, financing arrangement for real estate properties, aircraft leasing and industrial projects internationally, particularly in Japan, China, Hong Kong.
He set up Agility Asset Advisers Inc Japan (part of PhillipCapital Group) in 2005 and also set up the Nippon REIT which was listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in 2014. Kaiho runs both private and public funds in Japan and started his career with stints at Hong Kong Sogo, Hotel Nikko and Pan Pacific Hotels (Vancouver and San Francisco).
From 2003 to 2004, he was an advisor to CB Richard Ellis Investors and played an active role in the listing of New City Residence Investment Corporation on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
During his career, Kaiho has been involved in many types of cross border transactions and has led over 200 securitisation projects in the Japanese real estate market, with a total value exceeding US$4.5b in both private and public REIT markets since 2005. With a wide range of clients and international working experience especially in Greater China, he has been actively involved in real estate projects and their securitisation programs, both in Japan and internationally.
Highlights of his experience include:
- Major role in the listing of Nippon REIT Corp on Tokyo Stock Exchange in 2014 with AUM of US$700m (currently US$2.3b
- Lead-managed numerous project financing deals for hotels and complex buildings in China including:
- Beijing World Trade Center
- Beijing Changfugong Hotel
- Beijing 21 Century Hotel
- Westin Shanghai Hotel (currently Hongqiao Sheraton Shanghai Pacific Hotel)
- Nikko Longbai Hotel
- Shanghai Portsman Hotel
- Guangzhou Garden Hotel
- Forum Hotel in Shenzhen
- Advisor to Sogo Department Group for disposal of its overseas assets including Hong Kong Sogo Department Store Complex with a deal value of over US$500m in 2001
- Joint Advisor to Tokyu Railroad Co for the sale of Pan Pacific Hotels in San Francisco and Vancouver
- Advisor to Aoki Construction Co for the sale of its overseas chain of Westin Hotels